21 November 2007

It's that time...

Thanksgiving is upon us, nearly. I suppose that this is the season to think about what I'm grateful for, because I have been blessed with a dump truck full of 'em. Can you tell that I spend most of my free time naming Ian's cars and trucks?

The family is healthy, the bills are getting paid, work is actually interesting, challenging, and (maybe) constructive. Life keeps moving forward. Kellie and I were talking about how different life is and how far we've come. Kellie and I will have our third anniversary in December. Three years ago we were students, living in an apartment, and childless. Now we've been blessed with a good job, a beautiful house, and 2 1/3 children. Amazing how a few years changes life completely.

Three years ago today, I could never have imagined how different I would be. Life is a good teacher. I am grateful for the patience that Kellie shows me. Often I am immature, silly, and short-sighted. She seems to have endless patience and love to show the boys and me. She is the most wonderful person I know and without her, I would be lost in a desolate world.

Even though they may be pains at 3am, Ian and Isaac also help complete my world. I can't even picture life without them. Seems silly since Ian's only been around two years, and Isaac less than one. Holding them, cuddling on the couch, or even being tackled and tickled, makes me indescribably happy. What a wonderful life.

1 comment:

Nettie! said...

I'm so thankful for Kellie too! I can't imagine a life without her as well!! And I'm also thankful she has such a loving, caring, wonderful husband!!!